January 13, 2012

Thoughts

I'm so glad the holidays are over...I love Christmas, it's a beautiful holiday, I love being with my family and celebrating the birth of Christ...but it's also a really hard time of year.

I get really depressed around the holidays. It gets worse  every year. I get very lonely and tend to focus on everything that is missing in my life.

I know. I shouldn't. But I do anyway. I think it will get better once I'm married and start having kids.

But for now, I get very nostalgic for Christmases when I was young, and it's rough.

I'm also addicted to Pinterest. How are these things related? Let me tell you.

I keep finding images and sayings that help me. I never thought Pinterest would inspire me this much.

Here are a few of my recent favorites.
Give up the thought that you have to be perfect, look the part and have no weakness before you give your heart and put your self out there.

 And slightly unrelated...but awesome:

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Sheesh, I never fold fitted sheets. I roll/tuck/scrunch them. I fold the flat sheet, can I redeem points there?

I love pinterest, too, Katie.
You can have everything in life, just not at the same time. I tell myself that often.

Jayne said...

P.S. If it makes you feel any better, you are a very strong force for good and happiness at our house - Emmy especially looks up to you so much.

Sue said...

I totally understand,Katie. Christmas gets harder for me every year too. And it's one thing to read and agree with the inspirational words, it's another to really believe and keep moving forward. You have so much to offer yourself and others, so "keep the faith" and be happy.
Oh, and life is too short to fold fitted sheets. That's a dumb one!
Love you.