- It is not necessary to wash my hands every time I touch a dog*.
- If you walk/bike around your neighborhood twice a day, every day...you actually meet your neighbors...and they are nice!
- Screen doors aren't as obvious to everyone as they are to me.
- If I had extra money I would totally hire someone to come scoop the poop in my yard.
- Yellow dog hairs go with every outfit...and I don't mean they match...I mean they have literally attached themselves to every item of clothing I own.
- It feels great to have somebody that needs me...yes I know I have a cat...it's not the same
- Dogs have amazing internal clocks. Seriously. It's almost creepy.
- This annoying, dopey, messy, hairy, totally mental, sweet, loving boy makes me smile
This is Utah.
He is the newest member of my household and I heart him. I truly was not planning on falling in love...but about three days in...I was smitten. I was in deep smit. I also noticed that I had called my mom approximately 6,000 times in that same three days to ask her advice or tell her about something that Utah did. She is going to have to upgrade her phone plan when I have kids.
My wonderful brother and his family have fallen in love too. He built Utah this amazing dog house. And he stops by during the day to take him on a hike or play with him, and I am super grateful.
Isn't the dog house great? And it looks like Snoopy's! I love Snoopy so this made my day. I'm going to put lights on it at Christmas.
Does anyone know how to train a 90lb dog to balance on the roof of a dog house while wearing aviator gear? Get back to me on that...
If you look closely at this one you will see that once again she forced him to move off of his comfy bed so that she could have it. Cats have mind powers. It's official.
Usually I wash my hands a lot.
Especially after touching a dog.
Turns out that when a dog lives in your house...your hands can't handle all the washing.
I've had to chill.
Dog germs won't kill me.
Unless he has rabies, leptospirosis or leishmaniasis.
Okay. Deep breaths. Focus on the clean critter in my house.
Look at that clean, soft, white tummy. Gotta love an animal that spends 20 hrs a day bathing itself. Sigh. Okay. Better.
I have not had a chance to take a ton of pics of Utah yet...but i'm guessing that you will see a lot of him around here in the future. Brace yourselves!
Thank you Levi for moving to Washington ;-) Thank you Zanda for seeing that we needed each other. Thank you Jayleb for the dog house and the walks and helping me with training. Thank you Mom for not turning off your phone :-)