February 21, 2011

It's starting to look a lot like Christmas...

Feb and March are actually our big snow months here in Utah and we had an awesome storm the night of the aforementioned hockey game. The biggest issue was the wind. 50 mph wind gusts. Snow was drifting across the roads so fast. And blowing cars all over the place.

We started up the canyon and saw this:
There were at least five jackknifed semi's and 20 more that just stopped in the middle of the road to chain up. Turned the freeway into an obstacle course.

"He said we wouldn't get get it. He said we wouldn't get the treasure we seek on account of our ob-stac-les."

I think of that line every time I hear the word obstacle :-)

Anyway. HP was turning cars without 4x4 around at the bottom of the canyon, but we were in my truck, thank you Caleb, and they let us go. The pass usually takes 10 mins to drive up...took us an hour. Wicked awesome storm.

Luckily we made it home safely. And this is what I found. When i opened the door it all dumped in on my floor.
Yes that is still my Christmas wreath. No comments please.

That is my door and this is the two foot drift in front of it.

I love the snow!

No really. I do. Bring it on.

No comments: