January 4, 2011

Son, can I bend your ear for a tick?

Do you guys know this movie? Well you should. It completes me. I must say that it is one of my top 5 all time favorites. Go #100!!!


I was introduced to this film years and years ago, and I fell in love with Scott and Australia and ballroom dancing and the bogo pogo. (Okay fine, I was already in love with Australia, Man From Snowy River anyone??)

Sadly it was years after watching Strictly Ballroom that I realized Baz Luhrmann directed it. Since then I have fallen in love with his movies and directing style. It's a bit crazy, a bit chaotic and a lot amazing. See Australia, Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge please.

This post is totally random but I love the song Time After Time and it came on the radio so I decided to find the video on YouTube and then found this cool compilation video from Strictly Ballroom and then I decided to post about it. I think there is some scientific name for brains that work the way mine does... (no jokes!!)

So enjoy the vid, enjoy Scott's hips in the curtain scene...and watch some Baz movies!

2 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

Oh COOL!!! Just had Strictly Ballroom on the telly here this week actually. The trick with all Baz movies is to suspend reality completely as you enter the theatre (home or otherwise)... he;s a drama queen of the highest order and makes gorgeous epics.
:-)
BB

karla said...

Fun blog Kate.I remember you coming home one day and insisting I had to see "strictly ballroom". I still check it out at least once a year. Fun,Fun!