January 25, 2010

Winter Time Fun

Park City in the winter really is fun. I complain like mad about all the tourists but if you forget about them, it's just about perfect around here. Especially when it's dumping snow! Love it.

My drive to work. You may wonder why I'm taking pictures while driving in snowstorm. Don't worry it's only kinda of deadly...

They past couple of weeks have been jammed packed with events.

Sundance Film Festival is going on right now and i am volunteering again. You may recall that i did it last year and saw all of these famous people. Sadly, i don't recognize half the people i see and have to look them up later to find their names.

Friday night i met Adrian Grenier (From Entourage on HBO). This is him doing a Q&A after his documentary played.

Bad angle, I wasn't supposed to be taking pictures while working :-)

That same night Paris Hilton asked me where the bathroom was... I can pretty much die happy now. (you can't hear the sarcasm in my voice so i'm writing it out. I'm being sarcastic)

We also hosted the World Cup Aerial and Mogul finals here and they are always fun to watch.

Do you see the tiny ski jumper flying through the air? Click on the pic and it will get bigger. I think they are nuts...but crazy talented. The USA didnt' do great but an Aussie girl won, I was very happy for Bush Babe.

My girls.


Sweet fireworks after the aerials.


Very polite man who came and stood right in front of me. (catching the sarcasm again?)


Drunk guy dancing. Very entertaining.


Saturday night was the Superpipe Finals. Some of the best snowboarders in the world were here. It was very cool.

The pipe.

Again, totally nuts and very talented.

The girls again. I tried to make them let me take it but I ended up in it...

There were boys with us (see image further down), lest you think it's always us girls. Do you see the green checkered coat behind us? That's Chip Bullen. Just saying.

Do you see the giant pink and gray bear hats? Japanese tourists.


Trying to flatten out a spot to stand. We were all on a pretty steep slope and kept sliding down.


Good times.


Sweet concert after. 30 Seconds To Mars. It was dumping snow, they didn't play long.



Well that's a little recap of winter in Park City for a single gal and friends. I am volunteering again with Sundance tonight and Wednesday, so i will keep you updated on celebrity sightings...if I recognize them.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like you've been having fun! Stay warm :)

BUSH BABE said...

That was great - felt like I was there (even got the cold shivers a little... and not just in response to the Paris Hilton thing).
:-)
BB