September 10, 2009

The Great Dane Monster

I was wandering about at the farmer's market yesterday, minding my own business, searching for the perfect cucumber, when i was senselessly attacked by an animal that i have absolutely no defenses against.



Yup, it was a three-month old Blue Great Dane puppy. A tall, skinny, lurpy, gangly, big-footed Great Dane puppy.

I immediately crumpled to the ground in a submissive posture and started scratching the beast in hopes that it would take pity on me.

It didn't.

It laid it's big head on my lap and and looked up at me with big blue eyes and i was a goner. I was his captive for a good 20 mins. They are sneaky little buggers.

Don't make eye contact.

And never, never, never touch those ears. They are like crack.

Sigh.

It took several armed men to drag me away.

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Kate! Possibly one of my favorite posts ever. Nicely written! Did you take that photo? It's gorgeous.

Bush Babe said...

Oh why not give into it?? I am a Dane addict (as you know)... agree with Jayne - v well written!!!
:-)
BB

The Wageman Clan said...

That is such a cute picture! I would have a hard time leaving it too.