June 24, 2009

A few days late...

EEK! It's been way too long since i've posted. Sorry about that kids (I know you are all really torn up about it).

This one is for my poppa. I love you so much. Thank you for being the best dad and friend i could ever ask for.

As you all know it was Father's Day on Sunday and it was such a great day. The whole fam-dam-ly came up and it was loud and crazy and fantastic.

We have a hard time taking family pics around here...but this is my dad with all of his kids.

Poppa and his babies. It was going so well.


And then the inevitable breakdown.

I wonder if they are traumatized by the fact that we laugh at them when they cry?

At the parents house we spend a lot of time on the deck taking in the mountain splendor.



And feeding the friendly neighborhood potguts. Emmy named this one Treelamp. He loves watermelon.


The boys grilled up big juicy steaks, hand-stuffed brats, and trout (that Caleb supposedly caught). Yummy!




Aren't trout pretty? I think so.


My mom made dad his favorite...

Raspberry, Rhubarb Pie. It was wonderful.

And this is the un-holy mess that i sadly left behind for Mom to clean up. Sorry!

And this finaly shot is of Levi doing what he does best. Entertaining the ankle-biters (with my iPhone).

He is going to be an amazing father someday.

Love you Dad!!

2 comments:

karla said...

That was a great day Kate. thanks for all your help while i was feeling poorly. AND your dad is so awesome HE cleaned up the kitchen!

Jayne said...

Your trout photos turned out great, Kate! I am, of course, referring to the trout that Caleb CAUGHT.

:)


He loves us.