March 30, 2009

It's Tea Time!

Anyone for tea and strumpets? (name that movie)

I received in the mail the cutest baby shower invite IN THE WORLD. Seriously. I was invited to a shower for one of the Cheaping Girls and it's being thrown by another of the Cheaping Girls. Now if you've ever met or read the blog of the Cheaping Girls you will know that they don't do anything halfway and it's always cute/adorable/stylish/perfect.

Okay so it came in a little box and packed with pale yellow paper strips. Nestled inside the paper was this:

Cute right? And inside was this:

And this:

It was a tiny little teacup and saucer with a bag of delicious tea. Amazing right? I would never think to do something this darling. Oh well. Sorry everyone I've thrown showers for. You should of made friends with a Cheaping Girl.

6 comments:

karla said...

Oh!oh!oh! This is cute! Put this one in your scrap book Kate. Darling!

Kate said...

My sarcasm alarm just started going off...

Jayne said...

I have recently discovered that I am the worlds worst detector of sarcasm. I honestly can't tell. Leads to some sticky situations, I tell you what.

That is honestly adorable, and if Mom is actually being sarcastic, then that's too bad. I will throw you a tea party for your first baby, Kate! Or for your bridal shower, since that will come first.

Janaan said...

Ah, I'm glad you liked the invite. I thought they were darling.

karla said...

I'm saddend that you that I was being sarcastic. I really thought it was cute. I wish I'd thought of it first. :(

Kate said...

hmmm. I still think there was some sarcasm in your "This is cute! Put this one in your scrap book Kate. Darling!" How exactly would i scrapbook a teacup? :-)