March 22, 2009

Crab = Happiness

Yet another story from Oregon...

While on the coast we went to lunch at the Wayfarer. I had crab on the brain and had been craving it for months (years, my whole life). I immediately zeroed in on the hot crab sandwich with beer battered fries. Aunt Sue and Laila ordered the same thing and boy are we glad we did.

There were actually two halves to this sandwich, i just got so distracted by the deliciousness that i forgot to take pics till the first half was down the hatch. It was the best sandwich I've ever had in life. I know that seems a bit emphatic but I'm very serious. Best. Ever.

First of all it was on a delicious crusty baguette. Then it was smeared with garlic butter. Then a layer of Boursin-scented cream cheese. Then huge chunks of sweet Dungeness crab and finished off with ooey, gooey, delicious Tillamook cheddar cheese. And they didn't scrimp on the crab like some of these so-called "seafood restaurants". No this was some serious crab.

See that thing right there ^? That's a chunk of crab. Sorry about the pics, they were taken with my iPhone.

Open wide!


Jacob enjoying a fry. He eats very healthily so fries are a super treat.

You can see how serious he is about it.

And after fries and pieces of crab, he was done... To much deliciousness for such a small person.


Anyhoo, if you are ever in Cannon Beach and want to eat an amazing sandwich stop by the Wayfarer. You will not be disappointed.

I'm going to go eat lunch now, I made my self hungry, I may need to hop a plane back to Oregon...

3 comments:

Sue said...

I can attest to the deliciousness of this crab sandwich! Best ever! And beer batter fries......Oh, yah!

If you come to visit me, I'll take you there. Katie didn't mention it, but you have an awesome view of Haystack Rock and the ocean too.

Sue

Jayne said...

Katie. That salmon chowder that you so selflessly gave us for dinner today (yes, your mommy shared with us!) was DELISH!! Aunt Sue, we may be up sooner than later...

Janaan said...

Mmmm...that looks so good. It's not nice to make a pregnant girl crave something she can't have.