January 23, 2009

Film Fever

I know I've been MIA all week but I've been very busy volunteering with Sundance. Once a year Sundance descends upon the quiet town of Park City and turns it on it's head. The past few years I've spent my time complaining about the traffic and tourists and hating every minute of it. This year i decided to spend the time more positively by volunteering with the festival. I was really hoping that volunteering would be a good experience and i was right!

It has been a really fun week. I've met so many really nice people and I've seen some great films. I'm not really the star-struck type, i really couldn't care less, but it was kind of fun to see some celebrities.

Here's who i met:

Alia Shawkat (Arrested Development)

Emmy Rossum

Richard Branson

Chris Rock

Virginia Madsen

Jeff Goldblum


Michael Shannon (he was high as a kite at the screening. It was too funny)

The films that i recommend are Amreeka, The Anarchist's Wife, and Yes Men Save The World.

Have any of you been to Sundance this year? Any films that you liked or would like to see? Any celebrity encounters/sightings that you would like to share with the group?

9 comments:

karla said...

Hey Kate, Who are the women? and for an english major and grammer fanatic (always correcting me) you need to proof read - wait isn't that what you do for a living :)

Kate said...

Whatever! I totally spell checked this thing before posting. It's blogspot's fault. It's been eating my comments lately too.

Jayne said...

Emmy Rossum is the gal we got our darlings daughter's name from. There we were, one romantic evening, just the two of us (that was years ago. It's been a while since we've had one of those) watching the Phantom of the Opera. Up go the credits and Caleb says "Hey that's a nice name! I like the name Emmy a lot" whabam what do you know, we just happen to birth a little girl that just happened to be an Emmy. Go figure.

Levi said...

mother dear, grammer is spelled grammar. unless i missed some irony ...

karla said...

Whoa! Where did you come from?
I stand corrected. No ironing intended.

Jayne said...

Please tell me I detect some irony in ironing

Doug and Rachel said...

Katie, I didn't know that my parents are older than yours! Not that it matters; the film festival thing sounds fun, I know my cousin wanted to get his Star Wars take off in there, but I'm sure that's a huge dream. I have another cousin trying to open his own studio, he might have tried to get in too (he helped my uncles with their movie Beau Jest - you'll have to go to my moms to see it, Theron, Dani, Camille, Lindsey and Anna are in it and several of my cousins and grandma). I love the grammar comments! Hope all is well, it sounds it, thanks for making me laugh! Did Becca call you yet to set up a date with Josh's brother? Her number is 801-678-4696 . . .

The Wageman Clan said...

You're time at the film festival sounds like a ton of fun. I am the type that would be star struck, but I would never know their names, just their faces. So, that would be bad. Anyway, hope all is well!!

Bush Babe said...

The comments are as entertaining as the post here Kate!!! Too funny... doncha hate family editors!! I have a number of them myself... let's all blame Blogger (I do regularly!).

This festival sounds awesome - perhaps, one day, when the kids are older...

*sigh*
BB