December 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Jane Austen!

Today is the birthday of the venerable, infamous and sometimes altogether scandalous (for her time) Jane Austen. I've read all of her books and must say that i love them all.

Here is a list. You should definitely read them all if you haven't already.
And in Jane's honor i will now display images of my favorite Austen Men.

Can i get an AMEN??? AMEN!!!!








What about all ya'll? What are your favorites of hers?

Favorite book? Favorite heroine or hero? Favorite actor who plays said hero? Inquiring minds want to know...

5 comments:

Jayne said...

Emma is the first one that I read, and although P&P is incredible, Emma is still my favorite. She cracks me up. She's such a confused young woman, I guess I related well with her when I read it. She's just trying to help, but really makes a mess of things. As long as it turns out well in the end, which it certainly did!

The Wageman Clan said...

You know, I haven't read any of her books. Pretty sad huh! I'm going to put it on my list of books to read. :)

Doug and Rachel said...

I need to read more of them; I've read Pride & Prejudice and loved it - now I've got to read the rest! I'm reading the Diary of Anne Frank because her house is just 2 hours from us and so is the Corry Tenboom house and Doug wants the two of us to go see them. So, I think I saw a version of Persuasion, and need to see it again, as well as read it - thanks for inspiring me! Glad you had a great Christmas!

Doug and Rachel said...

Oh, yeah, Amen!!!!!

Jen and Brandon said...

Pride and Prejudice Has to go down as the all time best movie, all of versions. My poor husband has now sat through the latest at least twice, and can't figure out why I want to watch it again.