July 8, 2008

Jane Austen knows all.

“Life seems but a quick succession of busy nothings.” This is my life right now. Jane always knows just how to say things. I love Austen, always have. I love all her books, even though like most women, i love Pride and Prejudice the best. I found the awesome quote under my pic over there...and then realized how many great one-liners she has. Here are some of my favorites.

"A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment."
"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of liking them." (this one is sooooo me)
"To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment.
"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid."
"Good-humoured, unaffected girls, will not do for a man who has been used to sensible women. They are two distinct orders of being."
"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
"No man is offended by another man's admiration of the woman he loves; it is the woman only who can make it a torment."

No comments: